Six weekends, six phases, like clockwork. Every Friday night for six weekends in a row, eight members of the Colonial Systems field staff reported to the executive floor of One Lincoln Street, the corporate headquarters of State Street Corporation. Following a floor plan developed by our client dealer, they disassembled and moved the designated furniture from Area A to Area B. On Saturday morning, the carpeting contractor’s teams pulled the old carpeting and laid the new. Our team returned Saturday afternoon to move the temporarily parked furniture items from Area B back to their regular spots in Area A and reassemble them.
Provide office relocation services to support the re-carpeting of the executive floor at State Street corporate headquarters. Services included disassembly, relocation and reassembly of systems furniture, freestanding furniture and architectural glass units.
Products involved in the project consisted of various brands and lines of furniture for 14 private offices, 6 Herman Miller stations, 8 Nienkamper stations, various brands of furniture for 6 conference rooms, and glass architectural wall elements.
Officeworks — furniture dealer.
Colonial Systems office relocation team — Chris Climo (foreman), Ward Clifford, Lewis Cordeiro, Sean Cregg, Joseph MacNeil, Vincent Migliore, Mike Nigrelli, William Trainor.
Colonial Systems project management team — Ray Theberge (senior project manager), Travis Cormier (project manager)
- Successful execution required an excellent staffing plan and spot-on project management.
- Lots of time pressure involved in keeping Colonial and carpeting contractor activities synced and ensuring completion of each phase of the work prior to the State Street executives’ arrival Monday morning.
- Background check and special badging for all staff members working the job.
- Special permission required for access.
- Security escort required at all times.