Position Title: Driver/Warehouse Associate
Job Location: Corporate Headquarters, Littleton, Massachusetts
Supervisor Title: Warehouse Supervisor
How to ApplyWe have full-time and part-time Driver/Warehouse Associate openings. If you are interested in this position and believe that you possess the qualifications needed for success, please call 978-657-6508 and ask for Jim or email an up-to-date résumé with cover letter.
Basic Orientation to Employment with Colonial SystemsIndividuals in the Driver/Warehouse Associate position are expected to support the Colonial Systems mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy, adhere to the company's code of conduct, and follow all applicable policies, procedures and other company requirements.
Overview of the Driver/Warehouse Associate PositionWorking under general supervision, the Driver/Warehouse Associate performs multiple varied tasks in a warehouse environment related to the processing of inbound and outbound freight and support for the installation of office furniture. Technical and trade skills used in the installation of office furniture are neither a requirement nor a function of the job.
This is a good opportunity with a steadily growing company. Be the right candidate and find yourself with a great career opportunity.
Essential Functions of the Driver/Warehouse Associate
- Load and unload trucks.
- When receiving freight, check, inspect and count materials for accuracy against the packing slip and note discrepancies and damaged goods.
- Operate material handling and other warehouse equipment efficiently and safely. Equipment includes but is not limited to forklifts, pickers, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Process recyclable materials and trash.
- Adhere to warehouse safety procedures and maintain safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and QualificationsTo perform the Driver/Warehouse Associate job successfully, an individual should have a high school diploma or GED and a clean, valid driver's license.
Possession of a DOT card and ability to drive a 26-foot box truck are pluses but are not required.
Prior experience in a warehouse setting is a plus but is not required. Colonial Systems will train the right candidates.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently asked to:
- Stand, hear or talk.
- Use close vision.
- Use hands to grasp or handle objects and manipulate controls.
- Lift and/or move up to 55 pounds manually.